Responding to COVID-19 in Canada
As we respond to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, our priority has remained consistent: to protect the health and wellbeing of our workforce, their families and the community.
We know how essential it is to flatten the curve and the responsibility we have as an organization to help achieve this goal. Our robust business continuity plans have been activated to guide us through this unprecedented situation.
What We’re Doing in our Calgary Office
- Currently, the majority of our Calgary staff are working remotely.
- We have robust precautionary measures set up throughout our Calgary office to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- A pre-screening questionnaire must be completed by staff prior to arrival at our Calgary office. Upon arrival at Gulf Canada Square, staff must go through a second screening process that includes a questionnaire and a temperature check taken through a touchless device.
- All individuals coming into the office will receive a mask/face covering. Guidelines and signage are in place to ensure that staff wear masks/face coverings when physical distancing cannot be assured.
- Glass barriers have been installed at our reception desk and our ConocoPhillips Tech Bar to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Any worker deemed at risk – whether that’s because of their response to the questionnaire or because they’re presenting with cold or flu-like symptoms – will not be able to enter the office space. We also have a process in place to help identify and isolate staff who are feeling ill while at work.
- We have increased disinfection and cleaning practices with a special focus on high traffic areas.
- We have taken steps to ensure physical distancing is made possible by reconfiguring seating areas, meeting rooms and ensuring desks are set up to comply with physical distancing guidelines. High traffic locations have been marked with visual guidelines for physical distancing and the number of individuals in elevators and meeting rooms has been limited.
- Extra hand sanitizer and sanitary wipes have been stationed throughout our facilities, additional hand washing stations have been built, and touchless faucets and doors have been implemented.
To learn about what we’re doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at Surmont and in our Montney operations, click on the links below:
We are closely monitoring Alberta and British Columbia health guidelines to ensure our practices are in line with what is being asked. We’re committed to safely running our business throughout this time and providing the energy that is essential for Canadians.
We are incredibly proud of our workforce for continuing to look out for one another while demonstrating flexibility, responsiveness and determination as we continue with our operations.