Celebrating the people and teams that exemplify our values
Every year, we celebrate the people and projects that demonstrate the very best of our SPIRIT Values at the ConocoPhillips Canadian SPIRIT Awards. Those values — safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork — were well represented in the many outstanding achievements of 2016, including:
- The safe startup and ramp-up of our Surmont project, which achieved over 100,000 barrels per day of production in 2016.
- A full year without injuries in our Western Canada Production Operations group.
- Building sustainable relationships and agreements with First Nations in the areas where we operate.
- Responding to emergencies, including the Fort McMurray wildfires.
- Collaborating with peer companies and others to advance innovation and leading the development of technologies like flow control devices to increase production, lower costs and improve our environmental footprint.
- Initiatives to lower costs and return value to the company.
Individual awards also recognized exceptional contributions made by ConocoPhillips employees in areas such as safety leadership and support for the communities where we live and work.
You can learn more about our SPIRIT values here.